April 8th, 2019
UX Designer (Edinburgh)
Apr 08, 2019 | Careers @ The ID Co.
We are looking for a UX Designer to help us design products that meet our customer’s needs. You’ll combine discovery and design to produce products and features that help our customers achieve their goals.
In this role, you must be able to understand business requirements and technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting use research, translating it into user flows, and designing wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
You will be a member of the product team and will help to design the functionality of our products, designing and iterating to ensure that the user experience is second-to-none. Specifically, we will expect you to:
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Understand product requirements and user psychology, especially as related to web applications
- Conduct user research and usability testing
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define interaction models and evaluate their performance
- Develop wireframes and prototypes for all user journeys
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, discoverability)
- Communicate and champion design ideas and prototypes to the team and the wider company
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitor products
As an integral member of the Product team, you’ll be helping scope, design, build and implement features using the latest technologies.
We will expect you to enthusiastically embrace being part of a self-organising team, helping the team and the wider business execute on the principles of Agile product development.
We are a close team of passionate and driven individuals – are you? We have big aspirations and we hope that you do too!
Teamwork is a priority. Whether working with other engineers, with stakeholders or with our customers – you’ll be constantly communicating and working collaboratively.
Your opinions matter, but so do the opinions of others. We encourage everyone, no matter their position, to be forthright with ideas and criticisms and to champion their beliefs into realities. This also means that we all have to be great listeners, able to take criticism constructively and help others in realising their objectives.
Need To Have
- At least five years of crafting beautiful, responsive, and functional applications and websites
- A portfolio of your work (designs and case studies) that you are proud to share and discuss
- You must be comfortable interviewing customers and identifying their key goals and requirements
- Experience in Scrum or similar Agile product development methodologies
- Strong self-motivation, but enjoy working in a small team with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a brisk but sustainable long-term pace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high EQ
Nice To Have
- Degree level qualification in a design or HCI-related subject
- Experience of working in a cloud or SaaS environment
- Challenge and a great team
- Competitive Salary
Want to know more about careers at The ID Co?
If you want to know more about what it is like working for us, what benefits you could get, what we stand for, or simply what other opportunities we currently have advertised - head on over to our careers page for all this and more.