March 5th, 2019
Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (Edinburgh)
Mar 05, 2019 | Careers @ The ID Co.
Make a valuable contribution
The ID Co is a growing company and we recognise we’re not just building world class products, we’re also seeking to build a world class team and a set of sustainable development practices that will continue to deliver value as we scale. We believe that the best work comes from cross-functional, self-organising, and diverse teams that take ownership of their processes and practices.
You’ll be working with a Scrum team to design, implement, test, deploy, and support our cloud products in a production environment. It’s a full stack position and you’ll be working on all stages of the product lifecycle.
Our products harness the power of cutting-edge Open Banking APIs and include an embeddable Angular module for helping users share their banking data with lenders to enable quicker lending decisions, and a set of RESTful WebAPIs to let the lenders access that data written using the C# WebAPI framework.
Need To Have
- Minimum 4 years commercial development experience.
- 2 years commercial experience with C# Web API Development (ASP.NET / MVC)
- Experience in creating, analysing, and evaluating solutions to complex domain problems and in articulating your design decisions to stakeholders and other team members
- Solid experience of SQL database and other storage technologies
- Strong knowledge of software development best practice – automated testing, continuous integration, SOLID principles, etc…
- Solid understanding of the Scrum framework
- Experience of mentoring other engineers, of peer review and process improvement
Nice To Have
- Experience of designing, building and deploying cloud applications into Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working in FinTech
- Understanding of web security best practices
- Passionate promoter of collaborative development
- Experience with Angular or a similar framework
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Azure Service Bus
- Experience with Azure Web and Worker Roles
- A great team and challenging problems to solve
- We’re a growing company so your contributions will be valued and have a big impact
- Competitive Salary
- Mentoring and training
- Annual training allowance and a subscription to Safari Books Online
- Friday afternoon training time and social events
- Monthly social activities like paintballing and chocolate tasting
- A great office and working environment – there’s a pool table!