March 5th, 2019
Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack (Edinburgh)
Mar 05, 2019 | Careers @ The ID Co.
Make a valuable contribution
The ID Co is a growing company and we recognise we’re not just building world class products, we’re also seeking to build a world class team and a set of sustainable development practices that will continue to deliver value as we scale. We believe that the best work comes from cross-functional, self-organising, and diverse teams that take ownership of their processes and practices.
You’ll be working with a Scrum team to design, implement, test, deploy, and support our cloud products in a production environment. It’s a full stack position and you’ll be working on all stages of the product lifecycle.
Our products harness the power of cutting-edge Open Banking APIs and include an embeddable Angular module for helping users share their banking data with lenders to enable quicker lending decisions, and a set of RESTful WebAPIs to let the lenders access that data written using the C# WebAPI framework.
Need To Have
- Minimum 4 years commercial development experience.
- 2 years commercial experience with C# Web API Development (ASP.NET / MVC)
- Experience in creating, analysing, and evaluating solutions to complex domain problems and in articulating your design decisions to stakeholders and other team members
- Solid experience of SQL database and other storage technologies
- Strong knowledge of software development best practice – automated testing, continuous integration, SOLID principles, etc…
- Solid understanding of the Scrum framework
- Experience of mentoring other engineers, of peer review and process improvement
Nice To Have
- Experience of designing, building and deploying cloud applications into Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working in FinTech
- Understanding of web security best practices
- Passionate promoter of collaborative development
- Experience with Angular or a similar framework
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Azure Service Bus
- Experience with Azure Web and Worker Roles
- A great team and challenging problems to solve
- We’re a growing company so your contributions will be valued and have a big impact
- Competitive Salary
- Mentoring and training
- Annual training allowance and a subscription to Safari Books Online
- Friday afternoon training time and social events
- Monthly social activities like paintballing and chocolate tasting
- A great office and working environment – there’s a pool table!
Want to know more about careers at The ID Co?
If you want to know more about what it is like working for us, what benefits you could get, what we stand for, or simply what other opportunities we currently have advertised - head on over to our careers page for all this and more.