Develop world-leading financial data APIs..
March 8th, 2018.
We live in a convenience world where so much of what we want to do is online yet there is still so much we can't or don't want to do. Imagine opening a bank account not in weeks but in minutes, sharing your information in confidence and having control of your personal data and identity.
At The ID Co. our mission is simple. We want to create a layer of trust in the internet that doesn’t currently exist and solve one of the greatest challenges of our digital generation.
We have been on our journey as one of Scotland's leading FinTech start-ups for 5 years now and our platform is a vital component for major financial institutions around the world. With new customers, users and challenges every month - we are growing fast and looking for the best talent to join our engineering team in Edinburgh.
We pride ourselves on providing a creative and supportive work environment which allows our team to expand their technical horizons, whilst developing experience and responsibilities. We strongly believe in being the best by constantly improving our design, development and delivery practices. If you aren't already excited by concepts such as user centered design, continuous delivery and peer review/programming - you will be soon!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with experience of designing, building and implementing a full stack application into a cloud or Saas environment.
Working within our Scrum team you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing our solution that consists of RESTful APIs and dashboards used by large financial services around the world.
You’ll be collaborating with our Product Owner and customers to help the engineering team to scope, design, build and implement features using the latest technologies.
We will expect you to enthusiastically embrace being part of a self-organising team, helping the team and the wider business execute on the principles of agile software development.
By delivering incremental blocks of functionality you'll see your implementations through from start to finish and help to deliver real benefits to our customers quickly. Our product range is continually expanding and we'll be looking for your suggestions and to carry out research which will help us improve our products, technology stack and working practices.
We are a close team of passionate and driven individuals - are you? We have big aspirations and we hope that you do too!
Teamwork is a priority. Whether working with other engineers, with stakeholders or with our customers - you'll be constantly communicating and working collaboratively.
Your opinions matter, but so do the opinions of others. We encourage everyone, no matter their position, to be forthright with ideas and criticisms and to champion their beliefs into realities. This also means that we all have to be great listeners, able to take criticism constructively and help others in realising their objectives.
NEED TO HAVE.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Microsoft development stack
- Passion for web service design and development
- Experience with C# Web API Development (ASP.NET / MVC)
- Previous experience of building and deploying cloud applications into Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Solid experience of cloud storage, database and cloud based application services
- Good SQL skills
- Experience with automated testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- An interest in UI and design (don't worry - we're also hiring UX and designers but we need people who can knock up decent-looking UI components, too!)
- Keen advocate of agile methodologies
- Passionate promoter of collaborative development
- Attention to detail and great communication skills
NICE TO HAVE.
- Experience with Azure Service Bus
- Experience with Azure Web and Worker Roles
- Experience working with FinTech
- Experience with secure coding techniques
- Experience with dependency injection
- Experience with Platform Security Services (Crypto and Key Management)
- Experience with oAuth
- React / Angular / Bootstrap
- Degree level qualification in a computing related subject
- Experience designing and developing public APIs
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Challenge and a great team
- Competitive Salary
- Mentorship and training
- Annual training allowance, a subscription to Safari Books Online, as well as a subscription to MSDN
- Beer o' Clock every Friday
- Most Valuable Players nominated by the team
- Monthly social activities like paintballing and chocolate tasting
- A great office and working environment - theres a pool table!
So if you are up for the challenge and doing something great to change how we trust and transact online, why don't you get in touch. Send us details of your portfolio to show us how you would be able to contribute to our team. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.