February 27th, 2019
Marketing Executive: Social Media & Events (Part Time, Edinburgh)
Feb 27, 2019 | Careers @ The ID Co.
The purpose of this role is to engage customers, prospective customers, influencers and stakeholders with compelling content shared through our social media channels. There is also a moderate amount of work required for The ID Co’s events planner.
The ID Co. has a compelling story, bringing new products and services to market, through Open Banking. We therefore require someone to convey this message through our social media channels. The ability to write “must-read” social posts, using content from The ID Co. website, product offerings, the curation of content, and utilising video and imagery are a must.
Knowledge of social channels, social media best practice, and engaging with external stakeholders is required. The ability to use design software and/or video production techniques would be highly regarded. The ID Co. has a number of core offerings. Behind The ID Co. brand are DirectID Insights, our business-to-business offering and NoMo our consumer app. As such we are engaged upon a number of different channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
The ID Co. also regularly engage in industry events where we seek to engage with potential new customers. A requirement for this position is for someone to evaluate seminars and conferences, liaise with event coordinators and ensure that The ID Co. receives maximum exposure. This could entail organising speaking slots for senior company members, delegate passes for Sales team, or potential sponsorship.
This role would suit a recent graduate or those looking to gain entry into a social media role.
We envisage that this role will require around 20-25 hours a week.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience (either professionally or personally) of all the social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Experience of using social media management tools, eg, Hootsuite
- Experience of using analytics packages attached to the major social networks to evaluate progress and inform of next steps
- Experience using HubSpot would be a bonus, however full training will be provided
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Design skills (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro) or video production skills would be an added bonus
- Experience using MS Office products
- Experience of developing a social media plan and executing it
- Organisation is key. We have multiple channels that all require updates.
- Tone of voice. The ability to be consistent across channels and match tone of voice to the product or channel.
- Creative. Using imagery, headlines and posts to garner attention.
- Results driven. We have targets in place for our social channels.
- Planning. Being able to design and implement a social media plan and see it executed effectively.
- Administration. Particularly on events, there is a small amount of administrative work to be carried out.
- Teamwork. We work as a small but close-knit team.
- Self-starter. Others will be there to offer support, but we require someone who is motivated to do their best for the team.
- Communication. Everything we do is based on communication between teams and team members.
- Planning and goal-setting. Establishing target metrics and reaching them.
- A great team and challenging problems to solve
- Competitive Salary
- Mentoring and training
- Training and a subscription to Safari Books Online
- Regular social events
- An award winning working environment