June 22nd, 2018
Credit Risk Officer (Edinburgh)
We are looking for a Credit Risk Officer who is an expert in their field. The successful candidate will work with our customers providing analysis and evaluation in order to reduce credit risk and underwriting throughout the customer onboarding process. Using experience and expertise it will be important to enjoy extracting data from a variety of sources, using this to build simple to moderately complex financial models that predict risk exposure. Preparing performance reports for management and the customer to assess and mitigate significant competitive, regulatory and technological threats will be fundamental to the role.
- Perform credit risk analysis, driving insights and developing strategies on behalf of the Company and our customers
- Own analytics behind the full customer lifecycle for a cutting edge product
- Analyse current strategies and work proactively with product to develop further data insights that can feed into these models
- Work with stakeholders to improve model use and strategies
- Provide thought leadership and managerial acumen
- Compile, assess and report risk information to the Company and our customers
- Help our customers comply with relevant legislation, regulation and best practices
- Establish and develop credit, collection and fraud best practices and objectives to manage risk within our customers acceptable risk ranges for commercial and consumer lending
- Develop risk management and scorecard analytics
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Provide support to customers on identification of potential delinquent, non-performing and charged-off loans.
- Develop, manage and refine qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of our customers, in order to support effective decision making
- Work closely with the CEO, other executive and non-executive Board members, senior managers across the business and representatives of the shareholder, moulding a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation which can achieve growth targets safely
This will lead to
- Establishing and maintaining corporate governance systems and committee structures and reviewing and confirming investment processes
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity
- Providing essential input as a member of senior management and the executive committee and credibly challenging the management of current issues and the development and implementation of strategy
- Managing the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks
- Assisting in the development of and managing processes to identify and evaluate business areas risks and risk and control self-assessments
- Be a leader in developing and improving management reporting
- Preparing high-level user requirements to assist in preparation of Project Initiation Documents
- Translating business and customer requirements and functional needs into business / reporting and system specifications
- Ensuring technical specifications meet the stated needs of the business and our customers
- Conducting compliance & risk assessments
- Documenting project plans, action plans, presentations and project results for clients
- Defining and producing client policies, procedures, processes and other documentation as required
- A great team and challenging problems to solve
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement including additional days for long service
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Training and a subscription to Safari Books Online
- Regular social events
- An award winning working environment
UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
If you are up for the challenge please get in touch. Use the form to send us your details along with your cv/portfolio to show us how you would be able to contribute to our team.
You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.